Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
A volcano, 4,340 m (14,239 ft) high, of west-central Mexico. Mexico's most active volcano, it erupted explosively in 1991 and 2005.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Placename) a state of SW Mexico, on the Pacific coast: mainly a coastal plain, rising to the foothills of the Sierra Madre, with important mineral resources. Capital: Colima. Pop: 238 000 (2005 est). Area: 5455 sq km (2106 sq miles)
2. (Placename) a city in SW Mexico, capital of Colima state, on the Colima River. Pop: 106 967 (1990)
3. (Placename) Nevado de Colima a volcano in SW Mexico, in Jalisco state. Height: 4339 m (14 235 ft)
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a state in SW Mexico, on the Pacific Coast. 488,028; 2010 sq. mi. (5205 sq. km).
2. the capital of this state, in the E part. 106,967.
3. a volcano NW of this city, in Jalisco state. 12,631 ft. (3850 m).
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Colima - an active volcano in southwestern Mexico|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.