polka dot(redirected from Polka dotted)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
pol·ka dot(pō′kə, pōl′kə)
1. One of a number of dots or round spots forming a pattern, as on cloth.
2. A pattern or fabric with such dots.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Textiles) one of a pattern of small circular regularly spaced spots on a fabric
a. a fabric or pattern with such spots
b. (as modifier): a polka-dot dress.
[C19: of uncertain origin]
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
pol′ka dot`(ˈpoʊ kə)
1. a dot or round spot repeated to form a pattern, esp. on a textile fabric.
2. a pattern of such dots or something having such a pattern.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
polka dotn → pois m inv
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995