References in periodicals archive ?
"Virgil's Amata." The Vergilian Society 22 (1976): 24.
recognized as Poland's national epic, as well as the last Vergilian epic written in Europe.
(6) Timothy Crowley, in fact, asserts that the supposed ambivalence of tone arises from a misunderstanding of Marlowe's artistic purposes regarding "the play's self-consciousness about its own theatrical parody rooted in compound imitatio." (7) While earlier commentators have recognized a "generally Ovidian spirit" within the play, Crowley suggests a more controlled deployment of Ovid: "The play's imitation is not merely 'eclectic,' nor does it rhetorically suspend in a noncommittal way the Vergilian and Ovidian foundations upon which the ideological legacy of Troy stands.
As for short syllables lengthened by the following caesura (productio ob caesuram), Bede has, as one might expect, jettisoned the traditional Vergilian commonplace omnia uincit amor, et nos cedamus amori (eel.
Stourhead was the perfect embodiment of 18th century desire to rediscover the Vergilian Arcadia.
(15) Hippomedon's shield is not merely Vergilian; it is hyper-Vergilian, an extreme depiction of nefas.
"Senecan and Vergilian Perspectives in The Spanish Tragedy," English Literary Renaissance 15, no.
Parthenope; the interplay of ideas in Vergilian bucolic.
(61) This poem, to his friend Severus, portrays the exile in Vergilian pastoral terms.
(45) The incidence of hortatory or jussive subjunctives in Anne's poem indicates that, in spite of the Vergilian context, it may be similar to Catullus 5, where the poet exhorts his mistress to live and love with him and not to value the gossip of disapprovers highly: vivamus ...
Dictionary browser ?
- Verey pistol
- verge on
- Verification of an equation
- verification principle
Full browser ?
- verges into
- verges on
- verges on it
- verges upon
- verges upon it
- Verges, Paul
- Vergès, Paul
- Vergi Usul Kanunu
- Vergil Composite Application Builder
- Vergil Web Services Explorer
- Vergil, Polydore
- verging into
- verging on
- verging on it
- verging upon
- verging upon it
- Verglas Music
- Verglas Music
- Vergniaud, Pierre Victurnien
- Vergunning Bepaalde Tijd Asiel
- Verhaeren, Emile
- Verhaeren, Émile
- Verhasselt Business and Technology Services