Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Idioms, Encyclopedia.
1. Having or bearing berries: berried branches; a berried plant.
2. Resembling a berry or berries: "an off-dry, berried flavor" (New York Times).
3. Bearing eggs. Used especially of egg-bearing crustaceans or fishes: a berried lobster.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. covered with or yielding berries.
2. of or like a berry.
3. bearing eggs: berried lobsters.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.