Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. Consisting of or having two cycles.
2. Botany Composed of or arranged in two distinct whorls, as the petals of a flower.
3. Chemistry Relating to or being a molecule containing two rings, either by a fused or bridged arrangement.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
bicyclic(baɪˈsaɪklɪk; -ˈsɪklɪk) or
1. of, forming, or formed by two circles, cycles, etc
2. (Botany) (of stamens, petals, etc) arranged in two whorls
3. (Chemistry) (of a chemical compound) having atoms arranged in two rings fused together with at least two atoms common to each ring: naphthalene is bicyclic.
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
bi•cy•clic(baɪˈsaɪ klɪk, -ˈsɪk lɪk)
1. Also, bi•cy′cli•cal. consisting of or having two cycles or circles.
2. containing two rings of atoms in a molecule.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.