Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to blinker: blinker light
1. One that blinks, especially a light that blinks in order to convey a message or warning.
2. blinkers See blinder.
tr.v. blink·ered, blink·er·ing, blink·ers
To put blinders on.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Automotive Engineering) a flashing light for sending messages, as a warning device, etc, such as a direction indicator on a road vehicle
2. (often plural) a slang word for eye1
3. to provide (a horse) with blinkers
4. to obscure with or as if with blinkers
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a device for flashing light signals.
2. a flashing light, as for regulating traffic.
3. either of two leather flaps on a bridle, to prevent a horse from seeing sideways; blinder.v.t.
4. to put blinkers on.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Past participle: blinkered
Collins English Verb Tables © HarperCollins Publishers 2011
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||blinker - a light that flashes on and off; used as a signal or to send messages|
|2.||blinker - a blinking light on a motor vehicle that indicates the direction in which the vehicle is about to turn|
electrical system - equipment in a motor vehicle that provides electricity to start the engine and ignite the fuel and operate the lights and windshield wiper and heater and air conditioner and radio
visual signal - a signal that involves visual communication
|3.||blinker - blind consisting of a leather eyepatch sewn to the side of the halter that prevents a horse from seeing something on either side|
|Verb||1.||blinker - put blinders on (a horse)|
cover - provide with a covering or cause to be covered; "cover her face with a handkerchief"; "cover the child with a blanket"; "cover the grave with flowers"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.