Also found in: Wikipedia.
1. Of or associated with Jesus as the Lord.
2. Relating to Sunday as the Lord's day.
[Late Latin dominicālis, from Latin dominicus, of a lord, from dominus, lord; see dem- in Indo-European roots.]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Theology) of, relating to, or emanating from Jesus Christ as Lord
2. (Ecclesiastical Terms) of or relating to Sunday as the Lord's Day
[C15: from Late Latin dominicālis, from Latin dominus lord]
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
do•min•i•cal(dəˈmɪn ɪ kəl)
1. of or pertaining to Jesus Christ as Lord.
2. of or pertaining to the Lord's Day, or Sunday.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
|Adj.||1.||dominical - of or relating to or coming from Jesus Christ|
|2.||dominical - of or relating to Sunday as the Lord's Day|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.