Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Wikipedia.
Related to drive-by: Drive-by-wire
1. Performed from a moving vehicle: a drive-by murder.
2. Performed hastily or without adequate care.
An act, such as a random shooting, performed from a moving vehicle.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
adj., n., pl. -bys. adj.
1. occurring while driving past a person: a drive-by shooting.
2. casual; superficial; offhand: a drive-by news analysis.
3. involving a brief stay in a hospital, clinic, etc.: a drive-by mastectomy.n.
4. a drive-by shooting.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
drive-by[ˈdraɪvˌbaɪ] n (also drive-by shooting) → sparatoria dalla macchina
he was killed in a drive-by shooting → lo hanno ammazzato sparandogli da una macchina in corsa
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995