Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms.
a. A state of nervous irritability.
b. Nervous movements caused by tension.
2. An outburst of emotion; a fit.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. crotchety or faddish behaviour
2. (pl) a state of restlessness or unease
[C19: of uncertain origin]
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. Usu., fantods. a state of extreme nervousness or restlessness (usu. prec. by the).
2. Sometimes, fantods. a sudden outpouring of anger or a similar intense emotion.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.