Also found in: Acronyms, Wikipedia.
1. See floorwalker.
2. A person who directs something, such as activities at a political convention, from the floor.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Theatre) the stage manager employed in the production of a television programme
2. (Professions) a person in overall charge of one floor of a large shop or department store
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a person assigned to direct the proceedings on the floor of an assembly, as at a political convention.
2. the stage manager of a television program.
3. a floorwalker.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.