Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
n. Abbr. FX
1. Transaction of international monetary business, as between governments or businesses of different countries.
2. Negotiable bills drawn in one country to be paid in another country.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Banking & Finance) the system by which one currency is converted into another, enabling international transactions to take place without the physical transportation of gold
2. (Banking & Finance) foreign bills and currencies
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. commercial paper drawn on a person or corporation in a foreign nation.
2. the process of balancing accounts in commercial transactions between businesses or individuals of different countries.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||foreign exchange - the system by which one currency is exchanged for another; enables international transactions to take place|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.