Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
fu·tu·ri·ty(fyo͞o-to͝or′ĭ-tē, -tyo͝or′-, -cho͝or′-)
n. pl. fu·tu·ri·ties
1. The future.
2. The quality or condition of being in or of the future.
3. A future event or possibility.
4. Sports A futurity race.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
n, pl -ties
1. a less common word for future
2. the quality of being in the future
3. a future event
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
fu•tu•ri•ty(fyuˈtʊər ɪ ti, -ˈtyʊər-, -ˈtʃʊər-, -ˈtʃɜr-)
n., pl. -ties.
1. future time.
2. future generations; posterity.
3. the afterlife.
4. a future state or condition; a future event, possibility, or prospect.
5. the quality of being future.
6. Also called futu′rity race`. a horse race, usu. for two-year-olds, in which the entrants are selected long before the race is run, sometimes before the birth of the foal.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||futurity - the time yet to come |
time - the continuum of experience in which events pass from the future through the present to the past
kingdom come - the end of time; "you can wet the bed till kingdom come, for all I care"
by-and-by - an indefinite time in the future; "he'll get around to it in the sweet by-and-by"
offing - the near or foreseeable future; "there was a wedding in the offing"
tomorrow - the near future; "tomorrow's world"; "everyone hopes for a better tomorrow"
manana - an indefinite time in the future
|2.||futurity - the quality of being in or of the future|
timing - the time when something happens
pastness - the quality of being past
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
n (form: = future time) → Zukunft f
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007