glasswork(redirected from glass-worker)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
a. The manufacture of glassware or glass.
b. The cutting and fitting of glass panes; glaziery.
2. See glassware.
3. glassworks(used with a sing. verb) An establishment where glass is manufactured. Also called glasshouse.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Ceramics) the production of glassware
2. (Ceramics) the fitting of glass
3. (Ceramics) articles of glass
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. the manufacture of glass and glassware.
2. articles of glass collectively; glassware.
3. the fitting of glass; glazing.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||glasswork - an article of tableware made of glass|
crystal - glassware made of quartz
cut glass - glass decorated by cutting or grinding facets
glass - glassware collectively; "She collected old glass"
tableware - articles for use at the table (dishes and silverware and glassware)
Venetian glass - fine glassware made near Venice
glass - a brittle transparent solid with irregular atomic structure
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.