Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Pains in the limbs and joints of children or adolescents, often attributed to rapid growth but arising from various unrelated causes.
2. Emotional difficulties that occur during adolescence.
3. Problems that arise in the initiation or enlargement of an enterprise.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Pathology) pains in muscles or joints sometimes experienced by children during a period of unusually rapid growth
2. difficulties besetting a new enterprise in its early stages
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. dull, quasi-rheumatic pains of varying degree in the limbs during childhood and adolescence, often popularly associated with the process of growing.
2. emotional difficulties experienced during adolescence and preadulthood.
3. difficulties attending a new project or rapid development of an existing project.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||growing pains - pain in muscles or joints sometimes experienced by children and often attributed to rapid growth|
|2.||growing pains - emotional distress arising during adolescence|
|3.||growing pains - problems that arise in enlarging an enterprise (especially in the early stages)|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995
n., pl. los llamados dolores de crecimiento quejas por niños y adolescentes de las articulaciones atribuidas al crecimiento y otras causas.
English-Spanish Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012
growing painsnpl dolores mpl de crecimiento, dolores de las piernas que ocurren en algunos niños durante el crecimiento
English-Spanish/Spanish-English Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.