Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. The act or an instance of sighting or reaching land after a voyage or flight.
2. The land sighted or reached after a voyage or flight.
3. The reaching of land by an oceanic storm or a part, especially the eye, of a storm.
1. (Nautical Terms) the act of sighting or nearing land, esp from the sea
2. the act of sighting or nearing land, esp from the sea
3. (Nautical Terms) the land sighted or neared
4. the land sighted or neared
1. an approach to or sighting of land.
2. the land sighted or reached.
3. a landslide.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||landfall - the seacoast first sighted on a voyage (or flight over water)|
|2.||landfall - the first sighting of land from the sea after a voyage (or flight over water)|
sighting - the act of observing; "several sightings of enemy troops were reported"