Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Wikipedia.
1. A market where meat is sold.
2. Slang An establishment, such as a nightclub, where one looks for a sexual partner.
3. Slang A location or circumstance, such as an audition, where people are viewed as commodities.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. a place where potential sexual partners may be met.
2. a place or situation where people are regarded as commodities.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||meat market - a shop in which meat and poultry (and sometimes fish) are sold|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.