Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. The act or an instance of mooring.
2. A place where a ship or aircraft may be moored.
3. A charge for mooring.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Nautical Terms) a place for mooring a vessel
2. (Nautical Terms) a charge for mooring
3. (Nautical Terms) the act of mooring
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a place for mooring.
2. a charge or payment for the use of moorings.
3. an act or instance of mooring or the state of being moored.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||moorage - a fee for mooring|
fee - a fixed charge for a privilege or for professional services
|2.||moorage - a place where a craft can be made fast|
|3.||moorage - the act of securing an arriving vessel with ropes|
arrival - the act of arriving at a certain place; "they awaited her arrival"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.