Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Wikipedia.
1. A sore on a horse's back caused by an improperly fitted saddle.
2. A sore on a rider caused by the chafing of a saddle.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. an irritation or sore on a horse caused by the rubbing of a poorly adjusted saddle.
2. an irritation or sore on a rider caused by a saddle.
sad•dle•sore(ˈsæd lˌsɔr, -ˌsoʊr)
1. feeling sore from horseback riding.
2. irritated or having sores produced by a saddle.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||saddle sore - an open sore on the back of a horse caused by ill-fitting or badly adjusted saddle|
animal disease - a disease that typically does not affect human beings
|2.||saddle sore - sore on a horseback rider chafed by a saddle|
gall - a skin sore caused by chafing
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.