Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to saddleback: Saddleback Fever
1. (Zoology) a marking resembling a saddle on the backs of various animals
2. (Breeds) a breed of black pig with a white band across its back
3. (Animals) a rare bird of New Zealand, Philesturnus carunculatus, having a chestnut-coloured saddle-shaped marking across its back and wings
4. (Architecture) another name for saddle roof
5. (Geological Science) another name for col1
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||saddleback - a pass or ridge that slopes gently between two peaks (is shaped like a saddle)|
|2.||saddleback - a double sloping roof with a ridge and gables at each end|
ridgepole, rooftree, ridge - a beam laid along the edge where two sloping sides of a roof meet at the top; provides an attachment for the upper ends of rafters
roof - a protective covering that covers or forms the top of a building
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.