Also found in: Thesaurus.
adj. swish·i·er, swish·i·est
1. Producing a swishing sound.
2. Offensive Slang Effeminate.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
adj, swishier or swishiest
1. moving with a swishing sound
2. slang US effeminate and homosexual
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
adj. swish•i•er, swish•i•est.
1. causing a swishing sound or motion.
2. Slang: Disparaging and Offensive. (of a man or boy) exhibiting feminine characteristics; effeminate; homosexual.
usage: Definition 2 is used with disparaging intent and is perceived as insulting.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||swishy - resembling a sustained `sh' or soft whistle; "swishing windshield wipers"; "a swishy skirt"|
noisy - full of or characterized by loud and nonmusical sounds; "a noisy cafeteria"; "a small noisy dog"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.