Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
n. pl. ter·ri·to·ri·al·i·ties
1. The status of a territory.
2. A behavior pattern in animals consisting of the occupation and defense of a territory.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) the state or rank of being a territory
2. (Zoology) the behaviour shown by an animal when establishing and defending its territory
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
ter•ri•to•ri•al•i•ty(ˌtɛr ɪˌtɔr iˈæl ɪ ti, -ˌtoʊr-)
1. territorial quality, condition, or status.
2. the behavior of an animal in defining and defending its territory.
3. attachment to or protection of a territory or domain.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||territoriality - the behavior of a male animal that defines and defends its territory|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
territoriality[ˌterɪˌtɔːrɪˈælɪtɪ] N → territorialidad f
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005