Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. Of or relating to the geographic area under a given jurisdiction: the territorial limits of a country.
2. Relating or restricted to a particular territory; regional: a territorial court.
3. often Territorial Of or relating to an administrative territory: the territorial government of the US Virgin Islands; Whitehorse, the territorial capital of the Yukon.
4. often Territorial Organized for national or home defense: the British Territorial Army.
5. Biology Displaying territoriality; defending a territory from intruders: territorial behavior; a territorial species.
n. also Territorial
A member of a territorial army.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adv.||1.||territorially - with respect to territory; "territorially important"|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.