Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Idioms, Encyclopedia.
1. Having a toe, especially of a specified number or kind. Often used in combination: an even-toed ungulate.
a. Driven obliquely: a toed nail.
b. Secured by obliquely driven nails: a toed beam.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. having a part resembling a toe
2. (Building) (of a vertical or oblique member of a timber frame) fixed by nails driven in at the foot
3. (in combination) having a toe or toes as specified: five-toed.
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. having a toe: toed stockings.
2. having a toe of a specific kind or number (used in combination): three-toed sloth.
a. (of a nail) driven obliquely.
b. fastened by toed nails.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.