Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Attribution of animal characteristics or qualities to a god.
2. Use of animal forms in symbolism, literature, or graphic representation.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Alternative Belief Systems) the conception or representation of deities in the form of animals
2. (Art Terms) the use of animal forms or symbols in art, literature, etc
3. (Literary & Literary Critical Terms) the use of animal forms or symbols in art, literature, etc
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
the attribution of animal form or nature to a deity.See also: God and Gods
the attribution of animal form or nature, especially to a deity. — zoomorphic, adj.See also: Animals
-Ologies & -Isms. Copyright 2008 The Gale Group, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||zoomorphism - the attribution of animal forms or qualities to a god|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.